Despite their tiny size, chia seeds are a nutrient rich snack, full of fibre, high quality protein, a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, and rich in antioxidants, iron and calcium.
This recipe is quick and easy to make, satisfying and energising and can be eaten as a snack, breakfast or dessert.
Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
- 1 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups coconut or almond milk
- 1/2 – 1 cup blueberries, raspberries, cherries, pomegranate, orange, banana
- 1 – 2 tbsp. honey or maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- 20 drops essential oil e.g. rose oil with berries, orange oil with oranges etc. (optional)
- 2 tbsp carob or cocoa powder (optional)
- Fresh or stewed fruit
- Shredded coconut
- Raw nuts or seeds
- Raw honey or pure maple syrup
- Fresh mint
1. With a stick blender, food processor or equivalent liquidize 1/2 the blueberries or other fruit.
2. Combine chia seeds and almond or coconut milk with the blueberry mix and then add the other 1/2 whole fruit.
3. Leave it on the bowl or pour mixture into ramikins or glasses and set on bench top or store in the fridge overnight, or for at least 2 hours.
3. When you’re ready to eat it, either eat straight from the serving bowl or add a serve to your snack, breakfast or dessert bowl.
Or you can warm it through briefly in cooler weather.
Top with anything you like. Place the rest of the mix into the fridge until the next day. Enjoy!